Paying Your Home Loan Off Faster Just Got Easier
Paying Your Home Loan Off Faster Just Got Easier
It’s great to know that one bank makes paying your home loan off faster an easier option.
But is this the bank that you have your home loan with?
Do you want to check which bank makes it easier to start paying your home loan off faster?
As mortgage advisers we like to provide you information that can help you manage and of course help you to be paying your home loan off faster.
With this advice you will find that paying off your home loan faster just got easier.
Our Four Top Features For Fixed Home Loans
Most people probably think that all home loans are the same, but they are not quite the same… paying your home loan off faster is easier with some.
When banks design their home loan options they include things that they think people might want or at least include the features that are easy to “sell” however they tend not to focus on thinks that may allow you to pay off the home loan faster. After all the banks make money when you are paying a debt to them, not when you have paid your debts off.
For anyone keen to start paying their mortgage off faster these are the key thinks that you should consider when selecting a home loan;
- You Want Competitive Interest Rates – everyone wants to know that they are getting competitive interest rates. As mortgage advisers we focus on ensuring that the rates are always “competitive” rather than the lowest advertised rates on any given day. Luckily in New Zealand the banking market is a competitive one and most banks will match the other banks rates so we are very successful in getting and continuing to get good interest rates.
- You Should Have The Ability to Increase Repayments – you can increase the repayments when you set up a loan, and a number of banks will allow you to increase the repayments during a fixed term. You can see in the table below which banks allow you to increase the repayments during a fixed term and the limitations for the specific banks.
- And, The Ability to Decrease Repayments – it’s great to be able to increase your repayments within a fixed term as this is one of the best ways to pay your mortgage off faster; however sometimes circumstances change and you may need to lower your repayments again. Unfortunately only one bank gives you the ability to automatically do this without penalty.
- Plus You Need The Ability to Pay Lump Sums – having the ability to pay lump sums on a fixed loan can be extremely useful and helps you pay your loans off a lot faster.
If you are serious about paying it off faster then these are four of the main criteria that you should consider for selecting a home loan.
Some Mortgage Managers Do The Research
As mortgage advisers we know that you rely on our advice and to enable us to provide the best advice it means we need to do the research.
We research the banks policy so we know which bank will approve your application, but more importantly we also want to know which bank makes it easy to pay your home loan off quicker. Over the long term this is what is going to make the most difference for you. As mortgage advisers we are often asked “can I pay more off my mortgage faster?” and we published our research here.
The banks tend to rely on complacency – they expect that most people will not take the time to find out the differences in home loans, and even if they do find that there are better options they expect that most people will not bother changing.
But your home loan is probably your biggest financial commitment (debt) and paying it off faster can make a huge difference and that is why some of the best mortgage brokers not only focus on sourcing home loans, but they also have strategies and ideas to help you pay them off.
It’s another reason to use a mortgage broker.
As illustrated here, a small extra repayment of $50 a week could save our client $47,325 and have her home loan paid off 5-years and 9-months earlier.
One Bank Has All The Features
You would think that the banks would make it easy to be paying your home loan off faster, but they make more money if you don’t.
But one bank has made a loan that does have the four key features listed.
That bank is TSB Bank and you can read on their website more details on these options which include making additional payments, changing payments and StepUp which is an automatic feature to increase your repayments a little each year.
You should have your home loan with a bank that makes it easy for you to start paying your home loan off faster.
We know that it may seem like a bit of a hassle to refinance your mortgage, but as mortgage advisers we can take care of this for you.
It is not really too hard to switch banks.
Now you know which bank it is, and of course you could always go directly to the bank – but there are some benefits in having one of our team of mortgage advisers arrange this for you.
- As mortgage advisers we can get your home loan approved with TSB Bank, we can help structure your loans and ensure that you get the best home loan interest rates.
- We can also offer you 3-months access to the mortgage reduction system Eat My Mortgage at a discounted rate of $14.95 monthly for the first 3-months. This is a unique offer that we can provide you and another reason to contact us.
Of course, we would love to help you to refinance and see you paying your home loan off faster.
Get started now – it is as simple as completing the form below to get started.
Source: North West Mortgages