Master WordPress today using this step-by-step visual approach (over 250 screenshots) and create your business website using WordPress.
Building a professional looking business website using WordPress is not difficult.
This website is my personal blog built on WordPress and it’s an easy format to build your personal blog or website on too, whether it is to show personal “stuff’ or promote a business idea or a business that is designed to make you money online or in a traditional way.
WordPress is a very user orientated software that makes it possible for anyone to create and run a business website that looks great on any device – PC, Mac, tablet and more importantly today – the mobile phone and devices.
Learn To Manage Your Own Business Website
In business you can either rely totally on some “so-called” website expert, or learn a bit about things yourself.
This is where this book can really help.
Understand your website, or what your ‘expert’ is saying to you – WordPress for Beginners will teach you a lot.
The primary goal of this book is to take anyone, even an absolute beginner, from zero to WordPress “guru” in a few short hours. I’ll hold your hand, step-by-step, all the way. You get to watch over my shoulder as we explore the WordPress Dashboard.
I wish I had read this book before creating my websites;
New Zealand Mortgage Broker – this is my main business website built using WordPress.
New Build Finance is a specialist website also using WordPress.
Plus I have an insurance website that focuses on Mortgage Protection Insurance that compliments my business as a mortgage broker.
All those sites as well as this website use WordPress and I find it easy to use for my finance blog too.
- The two different versions of WordPress.
- Website hosting and domain registrars. How to set this up with separate registrar and host, for more security.
- How to install WordPress.
- An overview of the Dashboard including how to find hidden items.
- Cleaning out the stuff that is installed by default.
- Finding and installing WordPress themes to instantly change the look and feel of your website.
- Plugins. What they are and how you can use them to create your business website using WordPress.
- How to update WordPress, themes and plugins.
- Every single Dashboard setting, what they do, and what you should use in the settings of your website.
- How to find and use the RSS feeds on your site to help search engines find your content.
- The importance of user profiles, and how to assign a “Gravatar” image to your email address.
- How to create great navigation systems on your site, with custom menus, internal linking and related post sections.
- Enabling and dealing with visitor comments.
- Using the media library for images, video and more.
- The difference between pages and posts, and a simple way to know which one you should be using for each bit of content you publish on your website.
- Effective use of categories and tags. Using these incorrectly can get your site penalized or even banned from search engines.
- How to write posts, and even schedule them so they will be published at some future date.
- Using post revisions.
- Two different types of homepage. A blog style page v a more traditional “static” homepage.
- Using widgets on your site to add neat features – there are so many widgets to create your business website with.
I’ll take you through several essential plugins, including plugins that can:
- Automatically backup your site and send backups to the cloud, or your email address.
- Create a Contact Page so your visitors can contact you.
- Setup good SEO practices.
- Setup social sharing buttons on your site, so visitors can easily tell their friends about your great web pages.
Create Your Business Website Using WordPress
Most people learn better when they can actually see what they are reading about, so one thing this book isn’t, is shy about screenshots.
There are over 250 of them, showing you exactly what you will see on your screen, and prompting you to take specific actions as you learn and master WordPress.
You may have heard that WordPress has a steep learning curve, but with this book, you won’t even notice it. Each chapter ends with a “Tasks to Complete” section so bycompleting these tasks you will quickly become proficient with WordPress.
By the end of the book, you’ll be building and managing your business website with a range of features to engage people, plus it will look fantastic on any device.
You can create your business website using WordPress without this book, but it is easier to learn from the experts!